Creating a community where women can easily make new friends wherever they are!
Questions and Answers
- The Little Black Dress Club is a social connection and shared experience service for women.
- Like the little black dress, the club is a must-have in every woman’s life.
- Directors lead clubs and develop career skills such as marketing, event planning, and networking.
- A road map for starting and running a club.
- A hostess at each event is responsible for creating social connections in the group.
- The club offers a membership card, which provides local discounts to members.
- Local merchants can gain exposure in the club by offering discounts or donating sample products.
- Merchants interested in gaining exposure can email email@example.com for information.
- Women can get connected by joining the website – www.lbdclub.com.
Q. How did the idea for the LBDC come about?
A. Jenny Holzer and Christine Zellers have more than 15 years of combined experience starting various groups. They are passionate about creating social connections for women. They decided to take it to the next level and build a social connection service nationwide or even internationally.
Q. How did the name come about?
A. The name was an “aha” moment. As the club gained traction, the founders realized it’s timeless and classic. Women want to feel sexy and beautiful. When one thinks of the little black dress, images of Coco Chanel and Audrey Hepburn come to mind. The dress is a blank canvas for accessorizing and they love to say, “Accessorize your life – join the Little Black Dress Club!”
Q. What types of events does the club offer?
A. Happy hours and dinners out are staples! Club members have been rock climbing, sponsored charity events, been hot air ballooning, and co-sponsored a book signing with Bethenny Frankel, one of the housewives of NY. The club is a community where women are empowered to find a friend with whom to try new experiences.
Q. Are women required to wear a little black dress to the events?
A. Women are encouraged to wear what makes them feel great. At some events, a little black dress is suggested.
Q. How can one become a Director?
A. There is an “Introduction to Becoming a Director” on the FAQs page on the website at www.lbdclub.com. Women can also email the club at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Download a PDF version of this information.